Tuesday

RIDDLES AND ANSWERS



'Until I am measured
I am not known,
Yet how you miss me
When I have flown.'

_TIME OR A WOMAN






What is it that after you take away the whole, some still remains?

_WHOLESOME


Half-way up the hill, I see thee at last, lying beneath me with thy sounds and sights -- A city in the twilight, dim and vast, with smoking roofs, soft bells, and gleaming lights.
_THE PAST (Longfellow)


If you break me
I do not stop working,
If you touch me
I may be snared,
If you lose me
Nothing will matter.

_THE HEART


What does man love more than life
Fear more than death or mortal strife
What the poor have, the rich require,
and what contented men desire,
What the miser spends and the spendthrift saves
And all men carry to their graves?

_NOTHING


Say my name and I disappear. What am I?

_SILENCE


A mile from end to end, yet as close to as a friend. A precious commodity, freely given. Seen on the dead and on the living. Found on the rich, poor, short and tall, but shared among children most of all. What is it?

_A SMILE


If you drop me I'm sure to crack but give me a smile and I'll always smile back

_A MIRROR


What goes up but never comes down?

_YOUR AGE


What begins and has no end? What is the ending of all that begins?

_DEATH OR DECAY


Snake coiled round and round,
Snake deep below the ground,
Snake that's never had a head,
Snake that binds but not with dread.

_A ROPE


Gets rid of bad ones,
Short and tall,
Tightens when used
One size fits all.

_A NOOSE













No comments: